Like every other coastal region, Goa receives plenty of rain showers during the months from June to August and it makes Goa look magical. It’s the best time to put your feet up, unwind and watch the downpour.
The ideal place to unwind at any time you’re in the mood for delicious food is Thirsty Bear Goa. Our delicatessen is open 24×7 and has two outlets, one at the Vagator junction and one on the Bambolim highway. Beyond snuggly sweaters, blankets, and fireplaces, we turn to the kitchen to find sources of warmth. And one of the most delicious and nutritious ways to stay warm is with tasty, comforting and healthy soups and teas..
Here’s a list of 8 super healthy and tasty monsoon specials to get your mouth watering.
Mutton Paya Soup
Mutton Paya Soup is a soup is made from the legs which is very healthy.
- It’s highly nutritious bones are rich in vitamins and nutrients, including calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous.
- It helps reduce inflammation and heal the gut.
- Bone broth may also help people lose weight. It is high in protein, which helps the body feel fuller for longer and supports calorie restriction.
Beetroot and Carrot soup
Beets and carrots are cool-season vegetables that add vibrant color and fresh flavor to your healthy diet.
- Beet juice may increase blood flow to the brain and help prevent dementia, according to Wake Forest University researchers.
- Carrots may help prevent leukemia, according to a study published in the November 2011 issue of the “Journal of Medicinal Food.”
- Beta-carotene, the orange pigment in carrots, is a substance that your body uses to produce vitamin A. This vitamin is well known for its role in promoting healthy vision, particularly the ability to see in low light conditions.
Beef Noodle Soup
Beef noodle soup is a Chinese and Taiwanese noodle soup made of stewed or red braised beef, beef broth, vegetables and Chinese noodles.
- The soup itself, a rich bone broth, is filled with health benefits for your body, including your immune and digestive system, and your bones and joints.
- It has been cited by doctors as an excellent cold remedy due to all the healing spices it’s packed with.
Vegetable Minestrone Soup
Minestrone soup can be a great start to a meal or even make a marvelous meal all on its own. This versatile “plant-based” soup is low in fat, high in fibre and packed with vitamins, minerals and nutrients. This soup warms you from the inside out while boosting your overall health too.
- An extremely low-calorie diet, like the cabbage soup diet, produces quick weight loss.
- Plant-based foods have been found to contain more antioxidants than other natural food sources. Antioxidants not only help protect cardiovascular health but they also keep blood sugar levels in check.
- Dark green vegetables contain contain an antioxidant compound known as quercetin that has anti-inflammatory properties as well as helps in the prevention of cancer.
Chamomile tea has been praised over the years for its health benefits. It is often associated with antiseptic, antibacterial, or anti-inflammatory properties and other powerful antioxidants.
- According to research conducted in the Department of Urology & Nutrition of Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, antioxidant apigenin present in chamomile can help fight various cancer cells, including cancers of the breast, digestive tract, skin, prostate, and uterus.
- From research published in The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, chamomile tea can be used as an overall sleep aid.
- If you are suffering from stomach irritation, ranging anywhere from mild bloating to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) symptoms, chamomile tea can be a major help.
Kashmiri Kahwa Tea
Kahwa tea is an amazing combination of delicious taste, aroma and a bundle of health benefits. It has been known to be a part of Kashmir’s cuisine since ages.
- Kahwa tea helps to cleanse the digestive system and improves metabolism. It is also known to ease digestive problems such as constipation.
- In Kashmiri households, it is served after meals since it not only aids in digestion but also helps to wash away fat, thus making it an ideal addition to a weight watcher’s diet.
- The saffron present in Kahwa tea is an excellent source of vitamin B12, which helps to recharge the body’s defense system.
Egyptian Mint Tea
Egyptian Mint is an ancient culinary plant and is good for Middle Eastern cooking which often requires a more subtle flavour than the strong European mints offer.
- Egyptian Mint is an ancient culinary plant and is good for Middle Eastern cooking which often requires a more subtle flavour than the strong European mints offer.
- In a study published in the International Journal of Neuroscience, researchers found that peppermint enhanced memory and increased alertness.
- Peppermint tea has antispasmodic properties that can treat the feelings of nausea and prevent vomiting.
- Like oral products, peppermint is used in a variety of skin care treatments at salons to promote a healthy scalp.
Fennel Green Tea
Fennel green tea is a delicious and popular variety of tea that helps prevent and relieve muscle spasms, improve digestion, and treat gastrointestinal issues such as irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea, heartburn, flatulence, and stomach cramps.
- Fennel tea works as a blood cleanser and a diuretic, keeping your kidneys and liver healthy and working at full capacity.
- The impact that fennel tea can have on the heart is largely based on its mineral content, namely the potassium found in this herb. Potassium acts as a vasodilator, meaning that it can relieve the tension in the arteries and blood vessels, thus making it more difficult for atherosclerosis to occur.
- Fennel has hypoglycemic properties and the tea is considered a diabetes superfood.
- Fennel seeds are herbal dewormers and can be successfully used to eliminate internal parasites.